Monday, September 9, 2013

Syria and Peace

I haven't written in the blog for a long time. I have been trying hard to make a living, working two and three jobs at a time and helping Trish as much as possible. Lately, I have been itching to get back to it and the turmoil over Syria is a good place to start.

If you believe, as I do, that America should stop trying to be number one all the time and find a little humility, you are unwilling to allow our politicians to get us into another war. As a staunch supporter of President Obama, I am reluctant to say this, but it is true. We have no business whatsoever going into Syria. Obama is wrong on this issue.

Much to my surprise, there are millions of Republicans who have suddenly found their consciences and converted to the Christian view of peace! I would feel extremely happy for them if I didn't also believe that they are hypocrites..changing their views to make it impossible for Obama to act decisively. I never saw a war that Republicans didn't love until this one. So excuse me while I scoff at their new found meekness.

However, I wish everyone would stop and think for a moment. Imagine what the outcome would have been if France and Germany decided to intervene in America's civil war. I doubt it would have made a bit of difference. We still would have continued killing one another until their was a decisive military victory. Nobody could have stopped us from having our war. So what makes us think we can influence the war in Syria? Or Egypt? Or Libya?

We need to take a lesson from the fictional members of the Federation in Star Trek and keep our hands out of the affairs of distant worlds with less advanced civilizations.

I love you, President Obama, but you are dead wrong about intervening in Syria. Dead Wrong!



No comments:

Post a Comment